Thursday, March 8, 2007

Creating my gmail account...

I actually created my gmail account back in November. I guess it was easy enough. I was hesitant in getting it started, though, what with me already having a work email account, a "good" personal email account, and a "junk" personal email account. I aked myself, "Do I really *need* another?" For the sake of advancing in the Library Learning 2.0 program I decided it would be a necessary evil, so I started the account. I don't plan on using it except for the 2.0 program. I find it simpler to stick with a good thing, and a good thing is what I had in the first place with how I had my email accounts already arranged.
Well, at least I'm blogging now. I guess it's the thing to do. That's what "they" say. I'm going to try to make it fun, but for the life of me I can't think of any reason anybody would want to read my thoughts (those things buzzing around my head which I collectively maintain in my form of an organized pattern and mostly only release to well devised questions from others). If I can amuse at least one person with a blog once in a while I'll call it a success. As David Letterman once said, "Just don't be dull."

3 comments:

Bobbi said...

some of the benefits of gmail is that you can use the chat option right in the same window to talk to people who also have gmail. Robin and I use this at work at lot to confer about stuff, much easier than walking across the street!

One of the other benefits is if you have more than one gmail account (I have 3) you can set them all up to come through one, so with one log in you can send and recieve email from all of your accounts. Very handy. Gmail Rules!

Robin said...

You can't think of anyone who would want to read your thoughts? Then why do you send out emails each week forcing the entire staff to read your thoughts? Obviously you feel that they should be read - so publish them here!!!

Bobbi said...

yeah! what robin said! I have to come in 1/2 early every day just to read your emails! LOL